FOREST VIEW NURSERY

2016

IT ALL STARTED IN1951...
FOREST VIEW NURSERY
 

1313 Blackbird Forest Road

Clayton, Delaware 19938

MODERNIZING HISTORY

 

In 1951, Jack Ellingsworth had a dream of starting his own nursery in Delaware. He had been a sharecropper in the 1940's, moving his wife and family of (then) 3 children to various farms in PA, MD, and DE for work. He believed it was possible to succesfully grow nursery stock in Delaware, despite a lot of advisement to the contrary. Jack started a successful business and by  the mid-1960s, his son, John III, began managing many aspects of the nursery.

 

John continued to grow the nursery over the years - increasing acreage to over 300 acres, supplying major projects such as Beaver Stadium at Penn State and the Statue of Libery Park,  becoming a leading regional supplier of native plants (wetlands & upland), broadly diversifying  plant materials, installing widespread irrigation, and succesfully entering the container plants market

 

Looking forward, Forest View has signifcant plans to modernize and expand the facilities at the nursery,  further diversify plant offerings, and offer the value-add service of consultation from true industry experts.

 

We are proud of our history and excited to build upon the solid business base that Jack began and John exponentially expanded.

1982

© 2017 by Forest View Nuresery, Inc.